Programme & Community Engagement Coordinator (Part Time)
This role with SHARE involves be responsible for coordination, administration and management of a range of health and wellbeing classes, promotional activities including class demonstrations and coordination of attendance at key industry events. General Position is 2 days a week. Hours are negotiable on a daily basis.
- Liaise with Instructors and participants
- Manage all aspect of Instructors work including orientation, assessment and update of skills
- Manage enrolments and liaise with Instructors for the smooth running of classes
- Manage all venue agreements and contracts
- Organising Fill-in Instructors for Classes
- Advise participants of class cancellation and opportunity to be moved to another class
- Maintain and grow existing programs and classes
- Develop and present Training for Instructors, Volunteers and community
- Strengthen the event management and implement new initiatives
- Organise and manage key seminar and program events
- Event coordination
- Liaising with third parties surrounding event preparation
- Making contact with community members and follow up with correspondence
- Assisting with administration tasks
Key selection criteria:
- Essential minimum 3 years’ experience
- Experience in event management
- Experience in liaising with government, non-government and community organisations
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders and funding bodies
- Exceptional time management be able to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication
- Developed interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to use initiative and proven ability to work independently
- Confident with MS Office skills Software
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a small team environmen
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations
- Flexibility to work outside of contracted hours if required
- Current Drivers Licence
- Understanding of principles of exercise for seniors and/or fitness industry experience
- Understanding of community organisations
To apply, or should you wish to discuss this further, kindly forward your CV or query to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on: 8580 0628.
Applications will close once the appropriate candidate is found.
Instructors/Leaders – Sydney Metropolitan Area (Contractor)
SHARE is currently searching for an energetic and motivated Personal Trainer with the passion for training people over 50’s. Our trainers take pride in providing classes to SHARE participants and cultivating a supportive and healthy community.
- Must be able to work early mornings, evenings as well as weekends
- Attend all in-house training and meetings
- Up skill certification by attending external training
- An ability to motivate others to improve their overall fitness and health
- An ability to make classes fun and motivating to the senior citizens.
- An ability to teach one or more of the following types of classes: Fitter & Stronger, Gentle Aqua, Gentle/ chair Yoga, Strength, stretch and relax, Tai Chi, strong and active, Gentle and specialized classes.
Ability to teach Yoga and Tai Chi is highly desirable.
Key selection criteria:
- Minimum Certificate IV in Personal Training
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Criminal Record Check
- Public and professional Liability insurance
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Current Registration with Fitness Australia
To apply, or should you wish to discuss this further, kindly forward your CV or query to: email@example.com or call us on: 8580 0628.
Applications will close once the appropriate candidates are found.
SHARE provides people the power to be online and use technology!
Can you help and become a Digital Mentor? Nowadays everything is online, and everyone needs skills to use technology. We hear from our community they are becoming more and more excluded from the modern world.
A digital mentor provides one-on-one support to help people learn about technology and use it confidently and safely. You don’t need to be an IT whiz, just need an understanding of basic technology skills, and some patience!
Please help out on a phone, laptop or tablet. Your help can improve lives by sharing your knowledge.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- A basic understanding of technology and internet skills
- Reliability and ability to manage time effectively
- Patience, confidentiality and respect for others
SHARE is always trying to organise social events for our participants to help them stay active and connected! If you would like to join a team of dedicated Volunteers providing transport to seniors; enabling them access to wellness programs in Sydney, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking volunteer drivers to join our team. The nature of this role requires volunteers to have pleasant disposition, good sense of humour, good rapport with older people, be happy to assist them in getting on and off the bus, all whilst being aware of safety for the target group. An ability to interact with clients and commitment to ensure they enjoy the wellness programs is paramount.
- A Current NSW Driver’s Licence (C class), and proven safe driving record
- Valid Police Check
The vehicle is a small 12 seater Toyota Hiace bus. Full familiarisation is provided. – Commitment requested is minimum 1 day per month (more if you are interested).
If interest, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.